A musician wants to offer an online course on how to play the guitar. The base price is $1,000, and this person would like to offer customers the ability to pay the $1,000 upfront, or 4 payments of $250.00, billed every month.
Setup and Configuration
We'll need to first create this product.
- In your WordPress dashboard, click Products.
- Click the Add New button on the top of the.
- In the Product data dropdown list, select Simple Product.
- Click on the checkbox for Virtual.
- As the product is Virtual, there is no need to ship anything
- Enter a Regular Price ($) of $1,000
Add Payment Plan
- Go to Product Data > Payment Plans.
- Click Add Plan to add a payment plan. Every plan that you add here will create an option that customers can choose above the Add to cart button.
- Set the terms for the payment plan, including price, billing interval, billing period, and length.
- Optionally uncheck One-time purchase to prevent customers from purchasing the product one-off. Note: if you only add a payment plan and disable One-time purchase, customers will not be offered any options above the Add to cart button.
- Optionally, If applicable, use the Default to field to set the preselected option.This is applicable only when One-time purchase is enabled.
- Optionally enter a custom Subtext. This is the text displayed below the available purchase plans on the product page.
- Optionally enter a custom Description. This is the text displayed below the Subtext on the product page.
- Click Update.
Payment Plans Tab
- The product has its Billing Interval set to every month
- The product has its Billing Length set to 4 months
- The product has its Regular Price ($) set to $250.00
When purchasing a product with payment plans, customers may choose to pay with a payment plan or pay in full before clicking the Add to cart button. For example, the Guitar Course can be purchased with a payment plan or paid in full:
Publish the payment plan and you're all set!